Rules and Regulations
1. NAME OF THE SOCIETY
Name of the Society / Association shall be STEP India: Society for Trauma and Emergency Pediatrics, India" hereinafter also called "STEP", India Society."
The membership of the Society / Association is open to the "All the doctors who are registered with MCI, India and involved with emergency care of children" which is subject to the approval of the Governing Body. These will be known as the "Members of the Society" The Governing Body of the Association may nominate any distinguished person of the Association.
Associate Members: Associate membership of the society is open to the paramedics, nurses and other personnel involved in the emergency care of children in India. They will be known as the "Associate Members of the Society"
3. ADMISSION & QUALIFICATION OF MEMBERSHIP
The members shall be entitled to the membership of the Association on payment of Rs. 500/- as Admission Fee.
The subscription of the association shall be Rs.1000/- for the lifetime or Rs 100/- per year.
5. ACCEPTANCE & REJECTION OF MEMBERSHIP
The Governing Body of the association may accept or reject any member for the membership provided reasons for acceptance or rejection shall be communication to the member concerned in writing with appropriate reason.
The Governing Body of the association may terminate any member from the membership of association on the following grounds:-
- on his/her death;
- If the member fails to pay the timely yearly subscription continuously for three months from the due date of paying the subscription.
- If the member works against the aims and objects of the association.
- If the member tender his/ her resignation.
- If the member fails to attend three consecutive meetings of General Body without any information.
The reasons of expulsion shall be communicated to the concerned members.
The expelled member shall have a right to appeal before the General Body, which may or may not be accepted. All the other matters shall be referred to the General Body of the Association, if required by any member. The decision of the General Body shall be final and binding. The decision shall be communicated to the member concerned (If right of appeal is to be incorporated or not)
Re-admission of expelled member may take place subject to the decision of the General Body.
9. RIGHTS & PRIVILEGE OF MEMBER
Every member shall have right to participate in the General Body meetings, and shall also be entitled to inspect the records of the association with prior approval of Governing Body. Besides this, "Members of the Society" will have also right to vote in the meetings/ election of the Association. Every member will be entitled to participate in the functions and get together programs organized by the association. He shall also inform the association pertaining to any matter / grievances.
10. THE SOCIETY WILL HAVE TWO BODIES
(1) GENERAL BODY
(2) MANAGING COMMITTEE
- Formation: - The general body will consist of not less than 10 members.
- Meeting: - The general body will meet at least one in a year but in special case, this may be called whenever necessary with the permission of the Chairman/ President.
- Notice: - A fortnight notice will be essential for general body meeting. Under emergent circumstances, meeting be called by Secretary with the approval of the President in a week's notice.
- Quorum: 2/5th of the total members will be quorum of the meeting. In case of adjourned meeting, there will be no quorum.
- Annual Meeting: Annual meeting will be held in the 1st week of September/October every year
- Duties: To guide the society in fulfilling its objectives
- To decide policy matters as the case may be.
- To select members of Managing Committee.
GOVERNING BODY ( Also referred as managing committee)
a) Responsibilities and Duties
- The managing committee shall consist of not less than seven and not more than eleven members.
- The superintendence, control and direction of the affairs of the society, its income and property (both movable and immovable) shall be entrusted to the managing committee.
- The term of the managing committee shall be two years. A member whose term expires shall be eligible for re-election.
- There shall be a President, Secretary and a Joint Secretary of the managing committee, who shall not be in the same capacity for the society. However, if necessary, for any of its function of the managing committee may identify any member and give him appropriate designation and allowances if necessary.
- The members of the managing committee shall unanimously elect a president and a secretary and a joint secretary from amongst themselves and in case unanimity is not possible by a majority of votes. The period of the president shall be in accordance with terms of his membership or two years, whichever is less. If the president devotes his full time to work for the society he will be entitled to draw an appropriate honorarium or allowance as sanctioned by the managing committee.
- The Secretary/ Joint Secretary shall be honorary worker. If he is a full time worker, he will be entitled to an appropriate amount or salary as decided by the managing committee.
b) Meeting: The managing committee shall ordinarily meet once in every six months provided that the president may, where he thinks or on written request of not less than tow members may call a special meeting of the managing committee.
The notice of the meeting shall be given at least fifteen days ahead but in special circumstance, the secretary with the consent of the president will have power to call the meeting by giving two days' notice.
- The managing committee will be competent to raise funds and purchase property (movable or immovable) as decided by it.
- The managing committee shall have full charge of all immovable property (ies) belonging to or vested in the society in such a manner as it thinks fit and these will be handled through the secretary or ass decided by the managing committee.
- The managing committee shall be competent to invest the funds in the manner it likes and it shall be competent to borrow or mortgage or hypothecate the property (ies) on behalf of the society and these too shall be handled through the secretary or as decided by the managing committee.
11. a) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES OF THE PRESIDENT
- To preside over all the meetings and see that the meeting is conducted properly.
- To be responsible for the working of the Society / Managing committee with all members.
- To supervise and guide the overall activities of the society.
b) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SECRETARY
- To call meetings of the general body/ managing committee with the consent of the President.
- To keep accounts of all financial transaction of the society and of all the sum of money received and spent by the society and maintains records of receipts and expenses relation to such matters, and of assets, credits and liabilities. Provided that the accounts shall be kept separately of all foreign donations / grants / contributions, if any.
- To get the accounts audited by the chartered accountant appointed to the managing committee at the close of the accounting year, every year.
- To keep minutes of all the meetings of general body / managing committee.
- To keep and preserve the records of the society / managing committee.
- To submit to the managing committee the annual accounts and budgets of the society.
- To carry on correspondence on behalf of the society/ managing committee.
- He / she will be overall in-charge of the administration and executions of all the programmes of the society/ including financial, affairs on behalf of the managing committee including creation of posts, fixation of salaries/ remunerations/ allowances etc. appointment, engagement of staff on work charge or daily basis, make purchase and do all other such things as may be necessary in the furtherance of the objects of the society.
c) DUTIES OF THE JOINT SECRETARY
In the absence of the secretary on direction of the president, he/she shall look after the work of the secretary and does any other work as authorized by the managing committee/ president.
12. MODE OF ELECTION
- The voting shall be by secret ballot or as decided by General Body.
- A General Body for the purpose of election, shall be called by General Secretary, with fifteen days prior notice;
- The elections shall be conducted by Election Committee headed by President, Election Committee which shall be nominated / elected by General Body meeting including President. There shall be two members in the election committee excluding the President. The member of election committee shall not have right to contest for any post in the society, however, they shall have voting right.
- The President with the approval of Election Committee will announce the schedule of election and call nominations from the General Members, whosoever wishes to contest for the post of Office Bearers and Executive Members, on prescribed form with thirty days prior notice. The President shall ascertain that the copy of the schedule of election is circulated to all the members who are entitled to contest the election. The schedule will clearly indicate the date of election, date of submission of nomination and the date of withdrawal and declaration of the result etc.
- The election of society shall be held every two years in the month of December or as decided by the General Body.
- The Governing body of the Society shall be elected for a term of two years in the general body meeting called for the election purposes. The election shall be conducted by raising hands, or by secret ballot, if demanded. The list of newly elected office bearers of the Governing Body should be signed by the President, Election Committee including one out of the three office bearers i.e. outgoing President, General Secretary and Treasurer, and it will be sent to Registrar of Societies, Delhi.
13. ANNUAL SUBMISSION OF LIST OF OFFICE BEARERS OF GOVERNING BODY
Once in the month of January every year, a list of office bearers and executive members of the Governing Body of the association shall be sent to the Registrar of Societies, Delhi as required under Section 4 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
14. FINANCIAL YEAR
The financial year of the society shall be 1st April to 31st March of every year.
15. SOURCE OF INCOME & UTILIZATION
Monthly subscription, donations, grants-in-aid and fits, from the members and the general public shall be the source of income of the association. All the income of the association shall be utilized towards the aims and objects of the association.
16. BANK ACCOUNT OPERATION
The funds of the association shall be kept in a Nationalized Bank. The account of the association shall be operated by the Treasurer and any one of the President or General Secretary.
The accounts of the association shall be audited by the Auditor every year, elected by the General Body. However, it may be audited by the qualified auditor, if required.
18. FILLING UP OF CASUAL VACANCIES OF OFFICE BEARERS
The causal vacancies may be filled up by the Governing Body / General Body whichever meets early till next election
19. LEGAL PROCEDDINGS
The association may sue or be sued in the name of the President / General Secretary as per provisions laid down under Section 6 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860, as applicable to the NCT of Delhi.
Any amendment in the memorandum or rules, regulations will be carried out in accordance with the procedure laid down under Section 12 and 12 – A of the Societies Registration Act, 1860
21. DISSOLUTION AND ADJUSTMENT OF AFFAIRS
If the society needs to be dissolved, it shall be dissolved as per provisions laid down under Section 13 and 14 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860, as applicable to NCT of Delhi.
22. APPLICATION FO THE ACT
All the provisions under all section of the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as applicable to NCT of Delhi, shall apply to the association.
23. ESSENTIAL CERTIFICATION
"Certified that this is a correct copy of Rules and Regulations of the Association"